It’s Time To Visit Calgary
The scorching summer is draining your soul? Are you feeling indignant for a soothing sight of ice blanket?
Look no further and book your next flight ticket to the city of Calgary, a picturesque retreat in the province of Alberta, Canada. Oil boom from a considerably recent history has sprung the wheel of economic development, resulting in multiple skyscrapers and business houses dotting the city’s landscape.
By the rivers Bow and Elbow, under the foothill of Canada Rocky Mountain, Calgary offers so much more than just another developed city. It is also known as the Cowboy Town of the country owing to the stampede festival.
When To Visit Calgary
A little over 2500 hours of annual Sun rays, Calgary is typical humid continental climate zone. But then, are we not talking about the chill in the wind?
Places To Visit
- The abundance of nature has bestowed the city with easy access to few of the finest parks of the world. Heritage park stand a witness to the way immigrants had lived before and it’s influence in even modern culture. Many locals celebrate marriage or engagement here.
- The huge area of Fish Creek Provincial Park will surely astound you as you sit on a picnic with loved one amidst paradise.
- Spruce Meadows is a stunning place for both human and equine species with beautiful green grounds and ample parking space.
- With a day to spare and make merry with the kids, do visit the zoo of Calgary.
- City is decorated with multiple dainty statues that show extra ordinary craftsmanship of locals.
- Do visit The Famous Five Statue & Armengol Statue among others on a day trip in the city.
- The city adorns the grandeur of a military museum from the days of yore. Make sure that features in your list if you are a history buff.
- Visit the fort that was built in 1875, Fort Calgary. It is a beautiful set up where the city comes alive.
- The spectacular stadium built for winter Olympic of 2014 till date amuses travelers, especially during their ten day long stampede festival each summer.
Know About The City
- The city is considered to be a leader in oil and gas industry in Canada.
- For art enthusiasts Forest Lawn neighborhood is the place to head to.
- The city hosts multiple tall towers, among which Bankers Hall building is the tallest.
- Indulge in golfing and fishing in the river Bow if you are visiting during summer.
What To Eat In Calgary
- Volumes have been written about the robust steaks the Canadian steakhouses produce. But it seems short unless you have experienced a medium rare steak with the shrill of a whiskey while chilling beside a fireplace. You need to experience that in the cold of Calgary. Small pleasures of life!
- Indulge in Marcus’s popular ice cream sticks.
- An all butter crust, stuffed cherry pie await you in the city.
- Jan’s meat and Deli is my trusted source to relish the delicacy called bacon.
- Is your mouth watering in the mention of stew? Look no further than Sidewalk Citizen.
Drench in the exoticness of the snow covered city as the famed Rocky Mountaineer Train takes you through the breathtaking scenery of countryside. If you have little more time to spare, do not forget to embark on a journey to Alaska, on a cruise. After all, we all get to live only once!